I am a design leader who collaborates across groups to provide solutions that align technology with the way people think. I believe in a human-centered design approach to designing and building better products.
CASE STUDIES AND SAMPLES OF WORK
Corporate Vice President, Experience Design, Service
September 2018 — current
New York Life
New York Life Insurance Company, a Fortune 100 company, is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States and one of the largest life insurers in the world.
• Responsible for building and owning a design strategy, ensuring consistency across all servicing platforms and experiences at both a strategic and operational level.
• Manage and lead all internal and third-party design resources in execution, ensuring alignment within overall vision.
• Partner closely with servicing channel leads to drive a seamless experience across marketing and existing client platforms.
• Critical contributor in the building of a digital organization and digital disciplines at New York Life, building strong relationships, trust and partnership across the organization.
• Utilizing user research, design thinking, digital experience design, Agile software development, and delivery to deliver quality experiences for consumers
Instructor, Design Leadership
June 2018 - November 2018
Cooper Professional Education
• Assessing and shifting the communication and collaboration dynamics at play in your team and/or organization
• Recognizing and leverage the distinct mental models, goals, and needs of business, development and design partners
• Increasing transparency throughout the design process
• Gaining alignment around vision, process, and outcome
• Anchoring design reviews in business value and user goals
• Using storytelling and persuasion to sell your product vision and gain buy-in
February 2018 - September 2018
X Design Partners
Small UX/UI consultancy.
• AlleyCorp: Kevin Ryan's venture capital-backed startup Samada.com, a site for elder caregiving resources. We did a Heuristic evaluation and improved the responsive site's usability, readability, and consistency through an updated UI design.
• EBSCO: The nation's largest research data company that powers university and public library search engines. We conducted UX research, user-testing, competitive feature analysis, and UI design concepts through their agency Vaudeville Ventures.
• FarWide: An app that helps fishing and hunting enthusiasts find new locations and required information. We are conducting user-testing and UI design for the next generation of the app and site.
Head of Product Design
April 2015 - March 2018
Built the organization's first professional agile design group, implementing best practices in process, design operations and user-centered design principles.
Lead mobile-forward consumer product experiences for web and mobile apps through problem-solving design thinking: user research, usability, and A/B testing; data-analysis insights; heuristic and competitor evaluation; empathy and journey mapping; UX and UI design and prototyping; agile development and design systems.
UX and UI Design Leader
September 2014 - April 2015
Product Design Consultant
Hands-on product design lead for development of e-commerce site, responsive site re-design, digital products, ad creative, digital marketing and social media creative.
Clients included: Advertising Age, Christies.com, RealSimple.com, Winemag.com, and WineEnthusiast.com
Associate VP, Product Design
September 2005 - August 2014
Rodale (now a Hearst company)
Leader for teams of UX and UI designers, video producers and photo-editors on partnerships, branded content, all magazine site redesigns, native apps, agency selection for a global health and wellness media company.
SVP, Creative Director
September 1998 - August 2005
Built and led a team of designers for this early digital content and community pioneer